Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did you find out about the Slender Man?

Go down 
+17
isawhim
Slender Sante
thekill9714
slenderman enthusiast
WatchingFromTheShadows
Sirnoface
JamesInsomnia
The_Jewels_91x
MajinKitty230
Flamette
malheursfleurs
Slenderfan
thirteendegrees
titaniumtyrant
celza6198
Falcon
Tahrgat
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

How did you find out about the Slender Man? Empty
PostSubject: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 am

I first found out about Slender Man when I was on Demonoid looking through the horror movie section and the title Marble Hornets really stuck out to me. So I downloaded it and watched the entire first season of MH. Later I found out that it was a YouTube show based on a creature known as the Slender Man. That is how it all began for me, how about you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadAreWatching
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 am

A good friend of mine introduced me to Marble Hornets and EverymanHYBRID, and from then on it was all discovering new ARG's and choosing the ones I liked!
Back to top Go down
https://slenderman.forumotion.net
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 am

Falcon wrote:
A good friend of mine introduced me to Marble Hornets and EverymanHYBRID, and from then on it was all discovering new ARG's and choosing the ones I liked!

What are ARGs?
Back to top Go down
celza6198
Enthusiast
celza6198

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
Falcon wrote:

What are ARGs?

It stands for Alternate Reality Game.

I also found out about Marble Hornets from a friend. Then I looked up other ones on YouTube!
Back to top Go down
titaniumtyrant
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:26 pm

I was browsing reddit.com/r/creepy when i noticed the majority of the pictures on the website were of tall faceless suited beings, so i asked around what they were and this guy told me "Its slenderman" so then i googled him and watched the youtube series marble hornets which gave me a real phobia of him now.
Back to top Go down
thirteendegrees
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 am

I ran out of toilet paper one day... and I called for my mom to bring me some, but no one was home, it was then, the window opened, and in came a long spindly arm with a whopping roll of triple ply, my life was forever changed ...
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:43 am

thirteendegrees wrote:
I ran out of toilet paper one day... and I called for my mom to bring me some, but no one was home, it was then, the window opened, and in came a long spindly arm with a whopping roll of triple ply, my life was forever changed ...

Besides snatching people up Slender Man is know to deliver toilet paper to those in need, so your story checks out.
Back to top Go down
Slenderfan
Pursuing The Answers
Slenderfan

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:15 pm

I was a moderator on a SAW message board and a user there created a thread called "Marble Hornets" That's how I found out about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/theignoredgender
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 pm

That's cool man. MH is the origination and best starting place.
Back to top Go down
malheursfleurs
Noob
malheursfleurs

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 pm

I actually first read about him on the TvTropes wiki when I was sort of looking at the horror tropes, I think (although it's been a while).
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 pm

malheursfleurs wrote:
I actually first read about him on the TvTropes wiki when I was sort of looking at the horror tropes, I think (although it's been a while).

Good place that tv tropes. One of my fans made me a page on there ^.^ I had no idea what it was until they told me.
Back to top Go down
Flamette
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I found out, when someone made an OC, to him in Monster High Fandom...And I was ohhh and hooked ever since <3
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Flamette wrote:
I found out, when someone made an OC, to him in Monster High Fandom...And I was ohhh and hooked ever since <3

What is a OC? If you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
MajinKitty230
Enthusiast
MajinKitty230

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I just found the thing on youtube and began watching it, and was spectical about it being real or not, I mean cause of other videos too.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

MajinKitty230 wrote:
I just found the thing on youtube and began watching it, and was spectical about it being real or not, I mean cause of other videos too.

Ah, full immersion, gotta love it!
Back to top Go down
The_Jewels_91x
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:50 am

My boyfriend originally learned about slender man through a posting on IGN. I remember that I got hooked on slender man not too long after my summer break from college. I still can remember staying up late and finding everything I can about the slender man.
Back to top Go down
JamesInsomnia
Interested
JamesInsomnia

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Well A friend of mine introduced me to Marblehornets then I became obsessed with the guy Iv'e seen all his videos and all the channels. Iv'e even done research on the guy cause I wanted to know more about him here is all the accounts for the Slenderman channels I have watched: MarbeHornets, TribeTwelve,TJAProjects, WildShadows57, APCollection, 5Zer02, EverymanHYBRID, Angel'sGame, MLAndersen0, MyDarkJournal, DarkHarvest00, and Appleofoureye I'm sure that there are alot more out there that I don't even know about but these are the ones that took me forever to find alot of them but it was well worth it. Why not check them out.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah, it always seems to be a domino effect when it comes to finding out about the Slender Man. I remember after finishing MH season 1 I still had no idea what that creature in the suit was until I looked up the MH Wiki.
Back to top Go down
Sirnoface
Noob
Sirnoface

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

Found the marble hornets page while watching random videos on youtube. Once i saw it, i branched out into EMH and TT.
Back to top Go down
WatchingFromTheShadows
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:28 am

I play Minecraft, so when I first saw an Enderman, I got really interested. It seemed so adorable and curious, teleporting about and hiding from the rain. When I looked it up, I learned that it was based on Slenderman, and suddenly I was interested in Slendy!
Back to top Go down
slenderman enthusiast
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:54 am

browseing the web and found a post of it
Back to top Go down
thekill9714
Enthusiast
thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 am

I use this site alot
urbanlegendsonline

and i found him on there one day i read alot of story's on it though that one was a bit to scary for me so i looked at it for a short time and got off it i later got on my minecraft already knowing of the enderman being based on him soon a later the slendy pulled me in like the rest and i was reading every thing i could find about him and watching a bunch of youtube shows on him what i enjoy the most is the story's about him being seen in real life when the man/girl was a kid

manly the thing that got me to look into him more was my love for urban legends and also the idea of a demon like thing that is not red and has horns i think a demon look like slenderman
Back to top Go down
http://thekill9714server.enjin.com/home
Slender Sante
Pursuing The Answers
Slender Sante

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 am

I was on a paranormal forum (since been shut down) and someone posted a pic of Slendy and wanted our opinion of it. It was kind of cheesy looking and I had no idea what it was. Then I later upped my opinion of it when I did research on Slendy because if fit him fairly well (I think he was shown by a railroad track; the pic had a green background and he had his tentacles out. All that was missing was a child near him, I thought), since that led me to the Marble Hornets wiki, which I really liked the two shots of him and the story in regards to him only appearing around children and the person behind one of the photographs had disappeared.

I started out watching only the brief clips of when he appeared, which were a bit creepy but disjointed. So then one day I decided to go and watch the entire series. Ah, that was a bit better! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tviscante
isawhim
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 am

GIMMIE \20 DOLLARS
Back to top Go down
TheENDer02
Noob

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 am

Twitterbot late at night. It was a late night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about the Slender Man?   How did you find out about the Slender Man? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about the Slender Man?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next