Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slender Man Documentary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandman
Noob
Sandman

Slender Man Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 am

Hello to everyone! My name is Sandman and I'm the producer/host of a paranromal radio talk show. I don't want this post to be considered SPAM or anything like that, so I'm not going to plug the show, but I will say that I'm in the middle of my 6th season. I have known of the Slender Man phenomenon for a little while now and I'm absolutely fascinated by it. So much so that I'm currently thinking about shooting a legitimate documentary about it. This will be a DVD release, not some cheap YouTube video/series.
I'm currently looking for people who think that they have encountered the Slender Man who would be interested in being interviewed for the project. Also, if anyone knows how to get in contact with Troy Wagner or Joseph DeLage, the guys who played Jay & Alex (respectively) in the Marble Hornets series, that would be great, too! I know this is a long shot and I'm prepared to get contacted by some "questionable" people, but this is something that I am serious about. I figured that since the legend began on the internet that the internet would be the best place to start my research.
This project is just in the planning stages and I have no plans to begin shooting any time soon. I want to make sure that I have enough material to film first. So...if there is anyone here that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parareality.com
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 am

Not a good start. You insulted a fundamental foundation of the Slender Man mythos in calling youtube series and videos cheap :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadAreWatching
Slender Sante
Pursuing The Answers
Slender Sante

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:22 am

The budget for the series was under $3000. Pretty cheap indeed, not a diss at the quality story and imagination. But then, you had a smiley, so I'm guessing you weren't being totally serious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tviscante
Sandman
Noob
Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 am

OK, I'm not saying that ALL youtube stuff is cheap, but let's be honest, SOME of it is. I'm just saying that I'm not looking for this to LOOK like a cheap production. Marble Hornets is very well done and edited. I'm trying to make a documentary about the mythos of the Slender Man, why & how it has become so popular and to talk to some people who KNOW he's real and have encountered him.
My intentions are not to insult anyone, so I apologize if I have done that. I'm just looking for some help is all.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 am

Slender Sante wrote:
The budget for the series was under $3000. Pretty cheap indeed, not a diss at the quality story and imagination. But then, you had a smiley, so I'm guessing you weren't being totally serious.

Oh I was serious and that's not a smiley. Cheap can mean more then just budget too. Indeed it is a word that can insult the story and imagination put into something. So I am happy that he clarified.

Sandman wrote:
OK, I'm not saying that ALL youtube stuff is cheap, but let's be honest, SOME of it is. I'm just saying that I'm not looking for this to LOOK like a cheap production. Marble Hornets is very well done and edited. I'm trying to make a documentary about the mythos of the Slender Man, why & how it has become so popular and to talk to some people who KNOW he's real and have encountered him.
My intentions are not to insult anyone, so I apologize if I have done that. I'm just looking for some help is all.

I am in the Creators group. So if you wanted me to spread the word that you are looking for help with a documentary then I can.Though I will need a way for the others to contact you. Most of them are not residents here. However, the creators of MH are not a active members of the Group. So you will not be hearing from them should I spread the word. Some more questions before I post would be are you only looking for interviews? Do you want people from blogs and vlogs or just vlogs? Will they be talking to you as their in-game characters or as the creator? Let me know these things and I'll get started.
Back to top Go down
Sandman
Noob
Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:03 am

Tahrgat, thank you for agreeing to help me out. I'm looking for people from both blogs & vlogs. I probably would want to interview them as the creator of their character and right now I'm only looking for interviews, but am keeping things open as far as other stuff is concerned. I want to know why they find Slender Man so interesting, how they got into the whole phemenon in the first place and why they do what they do. I'm also very interested in interviewing anybody who thinks that Slender Man is real or those who believe they have encountered him.
I'll send you my contact information privately.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 am

Sandman wrote:

I'll send you my contact information privately.

Very well, just pm me and I'll get right on it.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:44 am

I let everybody know. I gave them the option of coming to this forum or e mailing you. Many of us have already done interviews. If you are interested, here is an example of a interview where I'm answering specific questions.

Back to top Go down
Sandman
Noob
Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:21 am

Thanks for all of your help! I know what you mean about Marble Hornets. I'm actually hooked on it myself. You're right - you don't need a big budget to produce quality work.
Back to top Go down
slender hunter1
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:24 am

Sandman wrote:
Hello to everyone! My name is Sandman and I'm the producer/host of a paranromal radio talk show. I don't want this post to be considered SPAM or anything like that, so I'm not going to plug the show, but I will say that I'm in the middle of my 6th season. I have known of the Slender Man phenomenon for a little while now and I'm absolutely fascinated by it. So much so that I'm currently thinking about shooting a legitimate documentary about it. This will be a DVD release, not some cheap YouTube video/series.
I'm currently looking for people who think that they have encountered the Slender Man who would be interested in being interviewed for the project. Also, if anyone knows how to get in contact with Troy Wagner or Joseph DeLage, the guys who played Jay & Alex (respectively) in the Marble Hornets series, that would be great, too! I know this is a long shot and I'm prepared to get contacted by some "questionable" people, but this is something that I am serious about. I figured that since the legend began on the internet that the internet would be the best place to start my research.
This project is just in the planning stages and I have no plans to begin shooting any time soon. I want to make sure that I have enough material to film first. So...if there is anyone here that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you.
i have been hit with his sickness so i might be some help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Documentary   Slender Man Documentary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slender Man Documentary
Page 1 of 1