Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Slender Meme Controversy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
genny1313
Interested

The Slender Meme Controversy  Empty
PostSubject: The Slender Meme Controversy    The Slender Meme Controversy  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey Guys. I am back after being gone since forever ago. There is something I want to talk about. That is right! Slendy!

What is the Slender Man? Is it a fairy? A Demon/Spirit? A Pan-Dimensional Being? A squid? Or is it just some made up story? An internet Meme!? A TULPA?!?!?!
Many people will have separate opinions about it. There are stories and cases both “real” and made up. What we do know for sure is that sometimes this idea gets a bit out of hand; especially now with the stabbing that took place. What exactly is going on in the internet? Most people say slender man made his first appearance in the something awful forums in 2009…
I want us to take a look at the slender man’s abilities.
1. Pyrokenisis – He has control over fire.
2. Telepathy – Can communicate with his mind
3. Slender walking – Can appear and disappear with no sign of moving
4. Mimicking- Can mimic or sound like a child, loved one, or anyone that you might know
5. Shape shifting- can change its shape
6. Slender Sickness- can cause a person that has seen him or is being stalked to get ill
7. Mind control – can manipulate a person’s mind and twist it as it pleases.
8. Tentacles or tendrils – We have seen enough hentai to know where this is going
9. There are many more, but these are the commonly known
I have noticed our friend Slendy looks like a certain someone
NERGAL from “The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy” who’s first appearance was in 2001. It is believed that the character for Nergal was based off of a Sumerian god whose name was Nergal.  It is uncertain of what the real “Nergal” looked like. But some of the abilities are shared between both Nergals and the slender man such as Pyrokenisis. The Sumerian god often liked to wear a lion’s head or a bulls head indicating that it may have a liking towards mutilating animals. Other stories in the myth suggest that the death god liked to cause misfortune to people and enjoyed killing humans for sport. He was also very manipulative.  (Of course it is all just a Sumerian myth) Although Nergal was mentioned as a demon in the Christian religion. http://oracc.museum.upenn.edu/amgg/listofdeities/nergal/
Slender Man also shares characteristics with fairies.
1. He lives in the forest
2. He has a liking towards children
3. He is referred to as a tree entity
4. He can change his form
5. They can also move without looking like they move
6. Fairies also mimic people to lure victims
7. Some of the behavioral traits are very similar
8. And more that I am too lazy to type
Fairies are not the winged creatures that most people imagine… in fact, that is actually degrading and a Christianized form of fairy interpretation. “Real” fay myths describe these mischievous creatures as magical entities. That is it; that is what fairies are. Most true myth fairies do not have wings but can still move and float without them.  They can change their form through magic and they can be extremely tall or very tiny. Trolls, goblins, and even magical monsters are fairies. Fairies also, for the most part, don’t have a face. At least not one that a human can perceive, so they use their Fairy glamour (like a glare) to make humans imagine a face, depending on what they wanted the human to see. Only cameras can look past Fairy glamour. They can cause disease and even eat people that they encounter. How do fairies eat if they have no face? They absorb the energy with magic rather than consume it like humans.  There are so many more similarities between fairies and the slender man. But I really don’t want to go on about it. But now that we are on that topic, ELVES ARE NOT LITTLE AND THEY ARE NOT SANTAS LITTLE HELPERS!!! They are tall beings that are very thin and make their homes in the trees. There are many species of elves… depending on each ability of the species. Now please don’t say they are freaking Santa’s Midget slaves.
Based on these two myths alone I can say that perhaps there are other myths that could have inspired the creation of the slender man. I don’t believe it is entirely made up by the internet. Who knows? Maybe all these myths have a reason for existing. Maybe humans had a deeper connection to Pan-Dimensional beings at some point.  I don’t really know. All I know is that I need credible research if I am going to make this script. Haha, Please tell me what you all think in the comments bellow.  Very Happy  Twisted Evil  lol!
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf(X)
Enthusiast
LoneWolf(X)

PostSubject: Re: The Slender Meme Controversy    The Slender Meme Controversy  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Interesting look of it, I will look into this.
Back to top Go down
genny1313
Interested

PostSubject: Re: The Slender Meme Controversy    The Slender Meme Controversy  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 pm

LoneWolf(X) wrote:
Interesting look of it, I will look into this.

Based on research on Nergal alone and tracing his mythology, i think that the slender man might just be Hades in another form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Slender Meme Controversy    The Slender Meme Controversy  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Slender Meme Controversy
Page 1 of 1