Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Candle Cove TV show

Go down 
+2
celza6198
Falcon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Candle Cove TV show Empty
PostSubject: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Ever since I read this creepy pasta I haven't been able to get this off of my mind! I've been watching youtube videos, some static, others not. On the ones I see as static, people say they see the episodes. On the ones that I see the episodes, people say they just see static. I think that some of these people are just lying to keep the legend up...or are they?
Back to top Go down
https://slenderman.forumotion.net
celza6198
Enthusiast
celza6198

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Falcon wrote:
Ever since I read this creepy pasta I haven't been able to get this off of my mind! I've been watching youtube videos, some static, others not. On the ones I see as static, people say they see the episodes. On the ones that I see the episodes, people say they just see static. I think that some of these people are just lying to keep the legend up...or are they?

Are you serious? I thought that was just a creepypasta! This show is actually supposed to be real!?
Back to top Go down
celza6198
Enthusiast
celza6198

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:11 am

I've looked into this, and the overwhelming majority of people seem to think the show is real.

I'm actually considering making videos about what I find out for people who want to know.
Back to top Go down
Lock
Admin
Lock

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 am

They only claim it's real to fool people.
Back to top Go down
celza6198
Enthusiast
celza6198

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 am

I'm not sure. If that's true, there are an awful lot of people in on this. Anywhere I go to see if anyone will confirm that this is fake, every single person tells me that it is a real show.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 am

celza6198 wrote:
I've looked into this, and the overwhelming majority of people seem to think the show is real.

I'm actually considering making videos about what I find out for people who want to know.

PLEASE DO SO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheDarkSquirrel
Admin

Location : Cannot disclose this information at this time. He's always watching.

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Lol Lock was just messing with you Falcon. I love this show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjP6eVDjuIM one of my favorite episode right there. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:33 am

Lol static it is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slender Sante
Pursuing The Answers
Slender Sante

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

Falcon wrote:
Ever since I read this creepy pasta I haven't been able to get this off of my mind!

I hear ya! I just found out about this story myself the other week, which is how I ended up here (I'll get to that next).

Falcon wrote:
I think that some of these people are just lying to keep the legend up...or are they?

Yes they are indeed. Normally I wouldn’t bother putting up an epic response for an old post, but I thought I’d do this as a bit of an ode’ as to how I got here, as I got into the Candle Cove story pretty heavily in the last 10 days or so, and upon doing searches for it I came across this forum. I was like ‘oh wow! Candle Cove AND Marble Hornets in one forum!’ So how could I resist? Wink These are two of my favorite urban legends, as they’re both pretty well done.

Yep, C. Cove is 100% fake, if you just do some detective work, along with pairing what you find with some common sense.

First is that there’s pretty much 0% on the internet about anything behind the scenes of this show at all. Period. There’s a couple of made up stories (I’ll get to those later) but no production shots or anything. Also when the show was supposedly first wheeled out, someone with a PhD said that the show had some promise behind it. THE only thing you can find in regards to this person was only in regards to C. Cove. A lot of people with PhDs conduct studies, have essays printed in many prestigious journals, entire books published, etc. This guy is nowhere to be found (except for in regards to C. Cove), which alone is a bit suspicious.

One person who put up one of the fake articles about supposedly tracking down several people who were in charge of the show mentioned that the actress who played Janice on the show was 5, yet everyone else said she was 9. The other fake account in regards to some kind of a production assistant on the show or something said that many people involved with the show died and that all props and such were destroyed in a fire. Funny how the guy who wrote up the account of supposedly getting in contact with people years later supposedly found someone who had one of the puppets left. He also supposedly stopped by a garage sale during his trip to interviewing these people (yet so many had died already) and just oh sooooo happened to find someone who sold old vcr tapes, one of which had Candle Cove episodes on it. Yeah, sure. He started watching them but had nothing new to add about any of the episodes that were already on the net. Surely he could add SOMETHING to the few write-ups on the show (like the C. Cove wiki)? He also had no photos or anything; c’mon, you can get any old blank tape out there, just handwrite “Candle Cove” on it, and there ya go, there’s an easy fake. He didn’t even do that. No one on the internet that claim the show (and videotapes) exists have any photos of these tapes either. You can take THE most obscure video game system out there and someone’s going to have a photo of it, no matter how low a production number it had; how come no one has a C. Cove tape scan? No “behind the scenes” photos? Nothing at all?

Also, in regards to there being static on the shows, there was a pretty neat story that the U. S. government had to do with that, that they came up with a technique where someone could transmit a tv signal and only children could see it. NASA even supposedly finally admitted to this experimentation themselves in 2007, yet the government had no comment on anything in regards to C. Cove (as per usual). This “source” from the government was not only not named, but the author of this piece I read didn’t even add the (also) very easily faked line of “the source requested not to use their name”. Please, try to do better there.

Now, supposedly there are episodes of the show online, which raise just as many red flags. The “screaming episode” clips on YouTube are just one and three minutes long each, whereas other so-called episodes show only the infamous static for 10 minutes. Not a single one of these (or at least the ones I browsed through) stated that they were partial episodes, yet supposedly the episodes of the show ran 20-25 minutes. How could this be when other episodes are one, three, or 10 minutes long?

And getting back to the screaming episode, the audio has already been debunked, as it was taken from some kind of Suicide something website. There is also no way a low-budget show would film an episode with greatly varying quality: parts of it are totally blurry, some of it is obviously way more modern than the rest of it (such as the Man-Bear shot), plus the Skin-Taker looks totally different than as described elsewhere. Only part of this is explained, where it is admitted he does not have his top hat and cape on in this so-called episode. However, due to the very poor job of not keeping facts straight (such as with Janice’s age I mentioned earlier), there is no mention as to why the puppet shown in the video is missing its eyes, along with why his jaw opens and closes like it should; all other accounts of the show state that his jaw slides back and forth, not opens and closes. The jaw very clearly opens and closes in the video. There has also never been a mention as to this show using stock footage, which would explain the varying degrees of quality with this episode.

Finally, the author who created the entire Candle Cove story himself admitted he made up the entire thing on his website. Also, someone on a games website (I think it was kongregate but I might be wrong) also started a Candle Cove video game but the author asked him not to finish it, since he copyrighted all material on his site and the programmer did not ask for his permission first, nor purchase a license for it. Why would this guy risk being exposed for fraud by doing a write-up on an actually existing tv show (that no one can prove exists) but then copyrighting it himself when he does not own the rights to the show? He made no statement as to purchasing the rights to it, just for copyrighting the story content. Period. End of story (pardon the pun).

The show never existed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tviscante
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:50 am

Nice pun and AWESOME write up. Have you heard of our member, Celza, before? He made an entire YouTube series on it debunking the whole myth. His name is Celza6198 on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Slender Sante
Pursuing The Answers
Slender Sante

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 am

Falcon wrote:
Nice pun and AWESOME write up.

Thanks, as, like I said, I figured I should, due to it getting me to these forums as it is Smile

Falcon wrote:
Have you heard of our member, Celza, before?

I'm not sure. I'll see if I've seen his avatar before (I can remember those better than names once I get on a new forum until I start getting to know people).

Falcon wrote:
He made an entire YouTube series on it debunking the whole myth. His name is Celza6198 on YouTube.

Thanks, I might check that out tonight! Hope he didn't get too many trolls posting comments on his vids swearing it was real Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
thekill9714
Enthusiast
thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 am

Slender sante you remind me of me XD i put up big post a ton
Back to top Go down
http://thekill9714server.enjin.com/home
Slender Sante
Pursuing The Answers
Slender Sante

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am

Heh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candle Cove TV show   Candle Cove TV show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candle Cove TV show
Page 1 of 1