Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dog barking?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MajinKitty230
Enthusiast
MajinKitty230

Dog barking? Empty
PostSubject: Dog barking?   Dog barking? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Sorry if the title sounds stupid but I am finding this seriously strange. So I know animals can pick up sounds better then us humans can, but I hear my dog bark at night like at 9 or 10PM and no one is out, no cars are driving around nearby that I hear. This happened like twice in a row or every other day. I'm growing a bit freaked out as to what he could be barking at, but like I said, animals hear sounds better then we can.
Back to top Go down
~LYNX~
Pursuing The Answers
~LYNX~

Dog barking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog barking?   Dog barking? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 9:21 am

MajinKitty230 wrote:
Sorry if the title sounds stupid but I am finding this seriously strange. So I know animals can pick up sounds better then us humans can, but I hear my dog bark at night like at 9 or 10PM and no one is out, no cars are driving around nearby that I hear. This happened like twice in a row or every other day. I'm growing a bit freaked out as to what he could be barking at, but like I said, animals hear sounds better then we can.
Well that is true that animals hear much better than humans can. Think of it from a dog's point of view. They don't comprehend as much as we can. Although they are domesticated, they still have some of those wolf-like traits. So when a dog sees a squirrel, they see prey. They see something that they want to attack. Their instinct is to bark and be very alert toward whatever has caught their attention. There could have been another dog that wandered into the yard and your dog was protecting his territory. Could that be a possibility? I'm not sure and I can't really say what he's barking at, because it all depends on the sound pitch of the bark (playful, warning, etc.) and his body language. The hair on his back raising is pretty obvious that he's after something, but if the tail is up and ears are alert, then he is in that sort of predatory mode. Sorry this is a long message, just trying to help. I studied dogs, wolfdogs, and coydog hybrids for a few years.
Back to top Go down
MajinKitty230
Enthusiast
MajinKitty230

Dog barking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog barking?   Dog barking? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:36 pm

~LYNX~ wrote:
MajinKitty230 wrote:
Well that is true that animals hear much better than humans can. Think of it from a dog's point of view. They don't comprehend as much as we can. Although they are domesticated, they still have some of those wolf-like traits. So when a dog sees a squirrel, they see prey. They see something that they want to attack. Their instinct is to bark and be very alert toward whatever has caught their attention. There could have been another dog that wandered into the yard and your dog was protecting his territory. Could that be a possibility? I'm not sure and I can't really say what he's barking at, because it all depends on the sound pitch of the bark (playful, warning, etc.) and his body language. The hair on his back raising is pretty obvious that he's after something, but if the tail is up and ears are alert, then he is in that sort of predatory mode. Sorry this is a long message, just trying to help. I studied dogs, wolfdogs, and coydog hybrids for a few years.

That's cool that you studied about it! Usually I can tell if the dog that's barking is sort of letting out a happy bark or greeting someone (silly to say but he usually barks a few times at my brother and we feel like hes saying hello sometimes). Anyway, I wouldn't know how he is when barking at night like if his tails sticking up or if the hair on the back of his neck is raised due to me being in my room at night about to rest.

Since we have a cement wall I doubt any other dogs can wander onto our property, and the said dog of mine is inside when hes barking, door closed and all. Though I know he could still sense someone whether its an animal or person. I'm not sure what to answer you with but yeah. When he usually hears something during the day with the door closed his ears are up and tail is up but that's all I know.

Thanks though!
Back to top Go down
i used to smile
Enthusiast
i used to smile

Dog barking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog barking?   Dog barking? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 7:37 pm

MajinKitty230 wrote:

Well, I have the same problem with my dog, as he barks day and night at something, but whenever I go to check, there is nothing there that he can bark at. My mom thinks that it's our neighbors since they always have someone, but I don't think tkat my dog is barking at the neighbors.

When none of the neighbors are home, he still barks at something, which makes me freaked out. Yeah, I know that there is a probability that it's just an animal or mailman, but there's nothing outside that I can see when I go check out what my dog is barking at.

Last edited by i used to smile on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mass editing my posts and fixing them!)
Back to top Go down
MajinKitty230
Enthusiast
MajinKitty230

Dog barking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog barking?   Dog barking? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 3:41 pm

i used to smile wrote:
MajinKitty230 wrote:

well i hawe the same problem with my dog he barks day and night at something ...but when i go to chek there is nothing tath he can absolittly bark at ... My mom thinks tath it's our nebhors since they always have someone to come ...but i dont think tath my dog is barking at the neibhors .... When noone from the neibhors is home  he still barks at something...so tath makes me freaked out.......yeah i know tath there is a probability tath it's just an animal or mailman ...but still theres  nothing outside when i go to chek at what my dog is barking at....

Really? That's like the same thing that's going on with my dog at night. I mean our neighbors don't have anyone come over late at night, and since it's the desert out here I don't think a lot of animals may be out this year except like geckos, bugs, and birds. When I look to see who it is no one is there, not even the sound of a car that passes on a different block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dog barking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog barking?   Dog barking? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog barking?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Slender Man :: General :: The Den-
Jump to: