Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fear Itself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeyox
Pursuing The Answers

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 am

So... I'm going to give you guys a big 'What if'. What if the Slenderman was real? As well as the Rake, and Jeff the Killler (I'll be honest, I've only heard his name), and whoever/whatever else scares the crap out of you, but not exactly real real? What if all those things are actually one thing which will adapt it's shape and behaviour to what will scare the victim most? And what if it'd go after you? What shape would it take? What will it do to scare you?

I would say what it would do with me, but... Well, I'm just going to let someone else start off first. Really curious as to what you guys would come up with...
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Interesting topic. My answer would be found in my series. My Slender Man is presented in a priest's outfit with no white collar. That is because I view religion, not faith mind you, as more of a oppressive authority then the worlds business structure.

He can create Hallucinations that can be manifested physically, so even if It isn't physically there then It can still be a threat to body and mind.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadAreWatching
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 pm

I would say it would be scariest for me to have a faceless humanoid creature coming after me. Something like Slendy, except maybe more human-esque. I think that's scary because it's something that looks like you/me in size, but has the capability to destroy/hurt/kill us.
Back to top Go down
https://slenderman.forumotion.net
Slender Sante
Pursuing The Answers
Slender Sante

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:07 am

What would scare me the most is something that is seemingly unstoppable. I've had many a nightmare of something chasing me, which I'd totally empty a gun into them and they kept on coming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tviscante
Zeyox
Pursuing The Answers

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 pm

@Tahrgat: Interesting point you have there, about religion and stuff. I can't help but partly agree with that, seeing in the past, there's often been wars just about that topic. On the other hand, though, business and politics have got their dark sides as well... As to where you can view religion as a 'listen-to-me-or-else' kind of thing, business and politics are more sly in getting you to do as they want... Sorry, just typing out my thoughts. Also, I think I will go check your series out, if you don't mind.

@Falcon: In a way, don't we all have the capability to hurt, destroy and kill eachother?

@Slender Sante: Well, yeah. Something unstoppable chasing after you tends to be pretty scary, yeah... What would it look like though?

Also, suppose I can write down what would scare me most now...

With me... To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it'd look like. If it were to be something like Slendy, though, I wouldn't change an INCREDIBLE lot about him. Tall, thin, suit, no/blank face... But something I'd add is probarbly blood on his hands. Blood that hasn't dried up. The reason for this, is to kind of resemble the 'dark side' of society in a way. It seems to be pretty decent (the suit), but in more sly and less obvious ways, it can still cause harm to people. (A salesman making people buy garbage, as an example.) The having no face would resemble the fact you can't see his true intentions. (In politics, for example. They try to get you to believe they are, well, perfect. Pointing out their good things, perhaps even lieng about certain things, while covering up their flaws.) The tactic he'd use would most likely be, well, at first just give me signs that he's there, but not showing himself for quite a while. Slowly get me to believe that SOMETHING is there, but I don't know what, and I'd most likely doubt it a lot as well. Once he would show himself, though, he would probarbly like... Well, show himself to me, but not to others around. This would end up in me either having to act like nothing is going on, or people would believe I'm going crazy (which I would probarbly think as well). Eventually, he would most likely like, control me in a way so I'd (at the least) hurt those I care about. And then have me forget about it at first, but letting me remember it slowly but surely. This, of course, would probarbly worsen over time (more and more often, worse and worse 'damage' being done), until I'd just take my own life... Yeah. Sorry for the lengthyness...
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Zeyox wrote:
@Tahrgat: Interesting point you have there, about religion and stuff. I can't help but partly agree with that, seeing in the past, there's often been wars just about that topic. On the other hand, though, business and politics have got their dark sides as well... As to where you can view religion as a 'listen-to-me-or-else' kind of thing, business and politics are more sly in getting you to do as they want... Sorry, just typing out my thoughts. Also, I think I will go check your series out, if you don't mind.

Just to clarify I don't disagree with the original Slender Man's look or purpose. My theme just fits better with my story. Awesome if you check it out! I've been making the series for nearly 2 years now. Even with that and the 52 existing episodes the whole series is still less then an hour and a half long. If you do start from the beginning then I recommend this playlist because the uploads are a little out of order.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAB672D854F604ADC&feature=plcp

Zeyox wrote:
Well, show himself to me, but not to others around. This would end up in me either having to act like nothing is going on, or people would believe I'm going crazy (which I would probarbly think as well). Eventually, he would most likely like, control me in a way so I'd (at the least) hurt those I care about. And then have me forget about it at first, but letting me remember it slowly but surely. This, of course, would probarbly worsen over time (more and more often, worse and worse 'damage' being done), until I'd just take my own life.

I really like your concept. It has a very Lovecraftian / creepypasta set up to me. One vlog I love is called "BrokenHeartChronicle". It is not the same concept, but it is similar in many ways. The main character is suffering grief from loss so it sort of blurs the line between what is actually happening and what is only happening to him. Eventually he is taken and held captive in a weird boarding room. He comes to find out that before he was who he currently is then He was a unwilling proxie. In his past life of being an unwilling proxie he became so overwhelmed by the bad things he did that they completely wiped his memory and started over. That's as far as the series has gotten.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadAreWatching
Zeyox
Pursuing The Answers

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:37 am

Tahrgat wrote:
Just to clarify I don't disagree with the original Slender Man's look or purpose. My theme just fits better with my story. Awesome if you check it out! I've been making the series for nearly 2 years now. Even with that and the 52 existing episodes the whole series is still less then an hour and a half long. If you do start from the beginning then I recommend this playlist because the uploads are a little out of order.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAB672D854F604ADC&feature=plcp

I already knew about the playlist, lol. Subscribed to your channel as well, and will go watch whenever I have time... And when it isn't 10:30 in the evening. XD (Shouldn't watch anything Slenderman related around this time... XDDD)

Tahrgat wrote:
I really like your concept. It has a very Lovecraftian / creepypasta set up to me. One vlog I love is called "BrokenHeartChronicle". It is not the same concept, but it is similar in many ways. The main character is suffering grief from loss so it sort of blurs the line between what is actually happening and what is only happening to him. Eventually he is taken and held captive in a weird boarding room. He comes to find out that before he was who he currently is then He was a unwilling proxie. In his past life of being an unwilling proxie he became so overwhelmed by the bad things he did that they completely wiped his memory and started over. That's as far as the series has gotten.

I don't know what Lovecraftian is, and have only vaguely heard about creepypasta, but yeah. Lol. Might check that vlog out sometime as well, as it sounds pretty interesting... Have got many things to check out atm... @.@ XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fear Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Itself   Fear Itself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear Itself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Slender Man :: General Paranormal :: Paranormal Figures-
Jump to: