Slender Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, to a thread dedicated to the discussion of our mystical friend Slender Man!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Gentleman: A Horror Film

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Gentleman
Noob

The Gentleman: A Horror Film  Empty
PostSubject: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:05 am

Hey guys, I know it's really super lame to come to a new forum and just pimp a project to get money, but I'm really passionate about this, and I've really been getting into the Slenderman stuff and inspiration for my own take on it hit me recently. So I want to make a movie. Not with a little soccer mom video camera, or with amateur actors, I mean a true blue film to try to sell and get released all across the nation (world?) So please please at the least take a look at this, and if you like it, pledge, if you can't believe me I understand, just get the word out there. This movie is going to need the whole Slenderman community to get behind it. Thanks so much!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mattashcraft/the-gentleman-a-horror-film
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm

I don't know what you have heard, but this community doesn't generally back these sort of projects because you and all the other indie movie creators don't fully understand the fundamentals of this mythos. You probably still think that the operator symbol is a sign for the Slender Man. There are a lot and I mean a lot of free quality Slender Man series out there who already have a better grasp on things. Besides that many believe that it is against the ethics of the mythos to ask for money because the entire basis for the Slender Man is free use, free story telling and free getting the shit scared out of you. If you hope to obtain funding then I suggest going somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadAreWatching
The Gentleman
Noob

PostSubject: Re: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:07 am

Okay, thanks so much for responding!
Back to top Go down
The Gentleman
Noob

PostSubject: Re: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:07 am

And obviously the operator symbol represents the fact that he used to be an X-man.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Enthusiast
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 am

The Gentleman wrote:
And obviously the operator symbol represents the fact that he used to be an X-man.

The Operator Symbol was created by the creators of Marble Hornets to define their unique version of the Slender Man. They named it The Operator because the Slender Man Mythos was still being created so obviously, in the future, their version of the Slender Man would have glaring differences. To avoid people complaining about inaccuracies they came up with The Operator and his symbol. Very similar in Tribe Twelve the Slender Man is unique and referred to as The Keeper. So what does using the Operator Symbol mean outside of MH? That the person who does is showing their lack of knowledge about the mythos and is ripping off of MH's unique vision. The only exception is if the story is based in the same universe as MH, but then the product is even more of a rip off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadAreWatching
The Gentleman
Noob

PostSubject: Re: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:02 am

I've seen Marble Hornets...

Its very good.

I'm simply interested in doing a feature film with a clearly defined beginning middle and end, and with some money behind it. I will never disparage MH, because those guys have managed to scare the living crap out of me. I love the series.

And obviously the Gentleman is just my take on the stuff i like most about Slenderman, with some changes. He has eyes and a nose for the most obvious, and he has a fun motive i'll be keeping to myself until I manage to make the movie. i don't want to spoil the surprise!

Again Tahrgat, thanks for taking the time to write!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gentleman: A Horror Film    The Gentleman: A Horror Film  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gentleman: A Horror Film
Page 1 of 1